Enjoy a singing session led by professional musician, Cecilia Middleton. An hour of music making, designed to sing your residents happy!
I now take my passion for singing and music into care homes around Teignbridge, Devon. I accompany myself with the ukulele. Not only is it a bright, cheerful instrument, it makes a light and gentle sound. It’s not too overpowering for people who prefer a softer, quieter session. I am happy to “perform”, but that’s not my aim. I facilitate others’ singing; to aid their memory, increase alertness and communication as well as boost self-esteem and increase general happiness. I don’t go in with a set playlist, but will be led by the needs and preferences of your residents. I encourage them to suggest their favourite song, and if I don’t know it, I will do my best to learn it for next time!
I have a large repertoire of songs including those from music halls, wartime, shows, hymns and folk songs.
Here’s a small selection:
- All the nice girls like a sailor
- All things bright and beautiful
- Bring me sunshine
- Daisy bell (Bicycle built for two)
- Don’t sit under the apple tree
- How much is that doggie in the window?
- I’m forever blowing bubbles
- I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts
- My Bonnie lies over the ocean
- My old man said follow the van
- Pack up your troubles
- Raindrops keep falling on my head
- Run rabbit run
- She’ll be coming round the mountain
- Show me the way to go home
- Singing in the rain
- What shall we do with a drunken sailor?
- When the saints go marching in
- White cliffs of Dover
- Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye
- You are my sunshine
… and many, many more!